Acting in USA and Spain, Gasol Foundation programs and activities in both countries want to serve as a community tool to make a sustainable and healthy change through the promotion of sports and physical activity, healthy eating, duration and quality of sleep and the emotional stability young people and their families. Through a collaboration with the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles, Gasol Foundation will implement healthy habits promotion during the summer day camps at four YMCA locations.
Summer Camp Educator Role:
Under the supervision of the US Program Manager and in coordination with the global team, the Summer Camp Educator, will actively support the summer camp program at the four YMCA locations. S/he will help implement healthy habits education as needed. The ideal candidate will share Gasol Foundation’s vision, mission and goal to reduce childhood obesity, to promote healthy lifestyles and to improve the quality of life of youth and their families.
- Facilitate healthy habits promotion to children and their families including the importance of physical activity, healthy eating, emotional wellbeing and sleep quality and time.
- Communicate and advocate effectively for health and health education.
- Help develop, implement and improve youth and parent education materials and other tools that encourage healthy decisions.
- Assist in collecting pre and post assessment data, including participants’ height, weight and waist circumference.
- Participate in Gasol Foundation team meetings as needed.
Skills and desired experience:
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, creative and detail oriented.
- Experience working with school age children in a classroom and outdoor setting preferred.
- Must be able to exhibit effective oral and written communication skills including reflective listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak, understand and write in Spanish is highly preferred.
- Adaptability, humility, hard-work and team spirit.
- Complete alignment with our core values: Integrity, Balance, Teamwork, Responsibility, Empathy, Constancy, Excellence, Positive Attitude, Enthusiasm and Citizenship.
Please send your resume to Lidia Estrada, US Program Manager