March 7, 2016 – Gasol Foundation launches its second annual art contest: “Draw Your Favorite Sport”in celebration of the International Day of Physical Activity taking place on April 6th across the world. This year’s competition is inspired by the Rio 2016 Summer Olympic Games and so we ask our youth-aged participants to draw a picture of themselves practicing their favorite Olympic sport.
Basic Information of the Art Contest:
- Open submission begins on March 7, 2016 and ends on April 30, 2016.
- The contest is open to individuals and schools.
- The authors of the drawings must be 17 years of age or younger and will be split into three different age categories: Category 1 (3-6 years old), Category 2 (7 to 12 years old) and Category 3 (13 to 17 years old).
- New this year, will be a fourth category of consideration, Category 4, for schools. The school who submits the most drawings from students that best reflect the values of sport, physical activity, teamwork, solidarity, respect, and friendly competition will be recognized.
- The drawings must be made on the official “Draw Your Favorite Sport” art template, which can be downloaded at ow.ly/ZcsXZ
- Each drawing must include a title, the child’s name, their age, country where they live, and a brief explanation of the drawing (no more than three lines).
- Only one winner will be selected per category.
- Category 1: a basketball and an indoor hoop for kids.
- Category 2: a basketball signed by the Gasol brothers.
- Category 3: a tshirt signed by the Gasol brothers.
- Category 4: $300 worth of sporting equipment
TO ENTER THE CONTEST
- To be eligible for consideration, an adult, parent, or legal guardian of the minor must as a first step “follow and like” the Gasol Foundation twitter and facebook pages (@GasolFoundation and www.facebook.com/gasolfoundation) and then as a second step, post a picture of the child’s drawing onto one of the sites, tagging the Gasol Foundation and using #MyFavoriteOlympicSport.
- Schools participating in Category 4, kindly please send your drawing submission either by mail to our office at:
Or via email, by scanning your drawing and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deciding jury will be members of the Gasol Foundation team.
- The names of the winners will be published on the Gasol Foundation website on May 4, 2016 as well as on the Gasol Foundation social media channels.
- The drawing technique is up to the artist. Each drawing must be original to this contest. The drawing submitted must not have received any prior award or prize from any other contest.
- Click here to view the official contest rules.