To celebrate International Day of Physical Activity on April 6th, and to emphasize the importance of promoting sports and healthy lifestyles among children and youth, the Gasol Foundation has launched its first Art Contest: ‘Draw Your Favorite Sport’.
It is the responsibility of all of us to encourage the youngest members of the family to have a more active and healthy lifestyle, so we encourage everyone to get involved and participate in this contest.
For the contest, from March 30th to April 6th, 2015, children and youth everywhere are asked to draw themselves playing their favorite sport with someone they love. Children and youth from anywhere in the world can submit their drawings online and drawings should showcase which sport they like most and with whom they prefer to play them with.
Specific details about the contest and information on how to enter can be found below:
BASIC INFORMATION ON THE ART CONTEST:
- The authors of the drawings must be 18 years of age or younger and artists will be split up into two age categories: Category 1 (12 years old and under) and Category 2 (13 to 18 years old).
- Only one drawing per child is permitted and it must be related to the contest theme.
- Drawings: open submission begins on March 30, 2015 and ends on April 6, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. in your local time.
- The drawing technique is up to the artist. Each drawing must be completely original to this contest. The drawing submitted must not have received any award or prize during any other contest.
TO ENTER THE CONTEST
- Encourage the child or young person in your life to create an original drawing of them playing their favorite sport with someone they love.
- “Like” the Gasol Foundation page on Facebook
- Post a picture of your child`s drawing on the Gasol Foundation Facebook page and include:
- Child ́s first name
- Category of entry (Category #1 is for kids ages 12 and under, category #2 is for kids 13-18)
- Home country
- A brief explanation of the drawing (no more than 3 lines)
- Two winners will be selected per category.
- First prize in each category: a Basketball signed by the Gasol brothers.
- Second prize in each category: a Limited Edition All-Star T-shirt.
- The jury that will choose the winners of the contest shall consist of members of the Gasol Foundation.
- The winner`s names will be published on the Gasol Foundation website within ten (10) working days from the end of the Art contest.