Gasol Foundation works to reduce childhood obesity rates and focuses all its energy and resources on promoting and transmitting healthy lifestyles amongst today’s youth through our programs, activities, and initiatives both in Spain and the United States. Through the key involvement of family and educators, our programs promote children‘s knowledge, attitudes and habits for their full development.
We are looking for the perfect leader to grow and ensure sustainability of the Gasol Foundation in the U.S. You are both a strategic thinker and a doer, a passionate individual who will work tirelessly to help reduce the obesity epidemic in this country and fight to grow the number of kids and their parents to subscribe to a healthier lifestyle. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in the space, work closely with Pau and Marc Gasol and their teams, and a desire to grow and help others grow. The US Director reports directly to the Global Director of Gasol Foundation and locally to the Board of Directors.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Operations and Strategy
- Implement the strategic goals and objectives of the organization, including long-range planning.
- Manage the overall coordination of operations, including the internal administrative system that responds to field and external needs with accuracy and speed.
- Manage HR, including overseeing recruitment, supervision and coordination of staff as needed, according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Develop new business and ensure profitability, including logistics.
Fundraising and Financial Management
- Develop annual budget for Board approval and manage resources according to current laws and regulations.
- Create and maintain fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resources, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals, and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Maintain relationships and cultivation of public and private partners.
Board Administration and Support
- Support agency operations and administration by advising and informing Board members and interfacing between Board and staff.
- Ensure successful participation by Board members in Committees and Task Forces.
- Empower the Board to fulfill its governance function.
Skills & Desired Experience:
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of executive experience in a leadership role within a nonprofit agency.
- Significant and demonstrable experience in fundraising.
- Ability to generate, maintain and nurture high-level relationships.
- Flexibility to work across time zones as part of a global team.
- Passion and knowledge about health and wellness, healthy nutrition, and physical activity.
- Speak, understand and write Spanish.
Salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package, including medical. The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Please apply directly on Envision Consulting website, retained by Gasol Foundation to conduct the search for our incoming US Director: