Gasol Foundation is Hiring – Health Educator
Gasol Foundation USA is growing and we are currently looking to hire health educators to join our team. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org..
Title: Health Educator
Employment Level: Part-time, hourly
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Under the supervision of the US Program Director and the US Executive Director, the Health Educator is responsible for implementing Gasol Foundation US’ children’s and family programs. The ideal candidate will share Gasol Foundation US’ vision and commitment to service. They will have a demonstrated focus on reducing childhood obesity, promoting healthy lifestyles, and improving the quality of life for children and their families.
● Responsible for delivering multiple health and wellness programs that teach sports and
physical activity, healthy eating, proper sleep, and emotional well-being.
● Facilitate promotion of healthy habits to children and adults.
● Assist in collecting pre- and post-session data, including surveys, participants’ height,
weight, and waist circumference.
● Participate in Gasol Foundation US team meetings.
● Assist in presentations and demonstrations at special public events.
● Assist with other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Desired Experience
● College Diploma required
● Demonstrated education and/or experience in health, public health, sports science,
kinesiology, physical education, nutrition, and/or child development preferred
● Experience working with school-age children in classroom and outdoor settings
● Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED certification required
● Must complete Live Scan fingerprint background check
● Ability to speak, understand and write in Spanish is a plus
● Must be energetic, self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented
● Must be able to exhibit effective oral and written communication skills including reflective
listening and interpersonal skills