The Gasol Foundation is thrilled to announce that Pau Gasol has been nominated by the NBA for the 2014-15 Seasonlong NBA Cares Community Assist Award! Pau has been a long-term supporter of children’s rights to physical activity, healthy food, and emotional security.
Pau spends a considerable amount of time visiting children’s hospitals in Los Angeles (Children’s Hospital Los Angeles), Chicago (Lurie Children’s Hospital), and Memphis (St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital) sharing special moments, playing games, and laughing with children who are currently undergoing medical treatment.
Pau continues to work as an Ambassador to UNICEF helping to support children all over the world.
Pau also has spent the last year working alongside his brother guiding the creation and implementation of two Gasol Foundation programs, Vida! and L’Esport Suma, which aim to provide health and wellness outreach and enrichment education to children and parents in the US and Spain.
The winner of the award will be determined by an NBA panel of judges and by the fans, who can cast their votes on social media by using #NBACommunityAssist and #PauGasol (include both hashtags per post) on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The NBA and Kaiser Permanente will donate $25,000 to the winner’s charity of choice.
The NBA will feature all 10 nominees at nba.com/communityassist and via the NBA’s social media outlets beginning at noon ET on Monday, April 20 and concluding at 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, April 27. The winner will be selected as early as Tuesday, April 28.
In order to cast a vote, do the following:
- Twitter: tweet using #NBACommunityAssist and #PauGasol
- Retweets will count as votes! So retweet @GasolFoundation every day this week to help Pau win!
- Instagram: post a photo using #NBACommunityAssist and #PauGasol in the photo description
- You must post a photo and use both of these hashtags in the caption. Commenting on an existing post does not qualify as a vote.
- Facebook: Respond/comment on a post from an NBA account (League, NBA Cares, team) using #NBACommunityAssist #PauGasol