Join the Gasol Foundation team!
Title: Sports & Physical Activity Specialist
Employment Level: Part-time (20-30 hours/month)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Compensation: Based Upon Experience
Application Deadline: 2/24/21
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gasol Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded in 2013 by Pau Gasol and Marc Gasol-Olympians NBA Champion brothers. Inspired by their parents, who were both in the medical field, Pau and Marc have always shared a passion for children’s health. Recognizing obesity as one of the most serious health challenges facing children today, they launched Gasol Foundation to address this pandemic.
The Gasol Foundation is on a mission to eradicate childhood obesity through research, holistic, data-driven programming and to illuminate the obesity crisis as the greatest opportunity to invest in the health of our future.
Under the supervision of the US Program Manager and in collaboration with the US Director; the Sports & Physical Activity Specialist is responsible for implementing the Galactic Sports program that is offered once a week during after school hours. In addition, the Sports & Physical Activity Specialist will be responsible for creating and leading sports-based health programs and initiatives that teach children and families about behaviors that promote health and wellness through sports and physical activity. The ideal candidate will share Gasol Foundation’s vision, mission and goals to reduce childhood obesity, to promote healthy lifestyles and to improve the quality of life of youth and their families through health promotion.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and delivering sports-based programs; including but not limited to basketball, baseball, soccer and hockey
- Facilitate healthy habits promotion to children and their families including the importance of physical activity, healthy eating, sleep and emotional well-being
- Assist in collecting pre and post assessment data, including surveys, participants’ height, weight and waist circumference
- Participate in Gasol Foundation team meetings as needed
- Assist with other related duties as assigned
Skills and Desired Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (sports science, kinesiology, physical education or a related field is preferred)
- Experience working with school age children in a classroom and outdoor setting preferred
- Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED certification required
- Must complete Live Scan fingerprint background check
- Ability to speak, understand and write in Spanish is preferred
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, creative and detail oriented
- Must be able to exhibit effective oral and written communication skills including reflective listening and interpersonal skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and ability to drive to program locations
- Demonstrate alignment with the Gasol Foundation core values: Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Balance, Empathy, Positive Attitude, Teamwork, Constancy, Enthusiasm, and Citizenship